In interior décor and construction, plastering is an important factor to focus on. These techniques ensure a smooth surface look for the walls. Moreover, it works in the form of a protective layer for stones and bricks against wind and rain.
Overall, there are different types of plastering material available that people use for their interior and exterior surface work. However, to create and maintain a green building in Hyderabad, you would need specific eco-friendly plasters. Instead of the common types like clay plaster and cement plaster, gypsum plaster is the best option for environment-friendly construction.
Here, you would learn about gypsum plastering, and why you should opt for it.
Properties of Gypsum Plaster
There are specific properties of gypsum plastering that make it suitable to prepare any green building in Hyderabad.
- There is no shrinkage at all when the plaster gets harder after drying.
- Lightweight composition.
- Improves durability of metal fittings when used together during foundational structure building, since it does not cause metal rusting.
- This is not combustible at all, which makes it a suitable barrier for steel, concrete, and blockwork.
- Thermal conductivity is low in gypsum plaster, which makes it energy efficient during construction work.
- There is very high flexural and tensile strength available in this particular plaster type.
Why you should work with Gypsum
For green building in Hyderabad, you should hire the right contractors for the job and use the best quality plaster. Gypsum in many ways is a notable option, and here are some of the main reasons why you should use it as well.
- Less potential of cracking: After contractors apply different types of plaster on walls like cement or lime plaster, they tend to crack as they dry up. That is not the case for gypsum plaster, which stays smooth and crack-free for a longer period. During construction, contractors can easily paint over the gypsum plaster and notice no tension on the wall surface.
This is one of the main reasons why many builders prefer gypsum plastering for renovation and maintenance work.
- Zero paint reaction : A major problem that many builders face that affect the quality of their service is when they try to paint over the plaster. Most of the paint contains intensive chemicals that can react badly against specific plaster types. However, gypsum is more resilient and is compatible with most paints. So, you would not see any stains or spots on top of the plastered walls.
- Microbe resistant: Another notable benefit of gypsum plastering that makes it suitable for green building in Hyderabad is its effectiveness against microbes. In regular cement and sand mixed plaster, microbial activity on the surface is high. In contrast, gypsum plaster ensures zero microbes inside the home, keeping it safe and hygienic for longer.
- Cost-effective: One of the main reasons to switch to gypsum plastering is the relatively low cost of usage. When people choose other alternatives, they have to invest additionally for repairs and maintenance of the surface. Gypsum plaster lasts longer and requires limited repair work. Therefore, in the long run, clients focusing on green building in Hyderabad save more with this choice.
- Temperature protection: One of the notable benefits of gypsum is that it can withstand different levels of temperature easily. A lot of plaster types start losing their condition and strength after getting exposed to sunlight and environmental elements.
On the other hand, gypsum plaster has water content, making it fire resistant. In buildings where the fear of accidental fires is high, like kitchens or factors, covering the walls with gypsum plaster is a useful choice. It can withstand exposure to high temperatures for a longer time as well, around 2-3 hours approximately.
Other options like cement and sand plaster cannot handle high temperatures and crack quickly.
- Simple cleaning process: It is very easy to clean the walls made of gypsum plaster after it hardens. You need to use a wet cloth to wipe on the surface to remove any dust or dirt. So, it is relatively simple to maintain.
- Quick to use: Another notable benefit of gypsum plastering is that it is time-efficient as well. The solution is generally pre-mixed, and suppliers sell them in easy-to-use packs. This completely saves time from creating the solution and then applying it onto the building surfaces.
- High-quality appearance: After applying the gypsum plaster on the surfaces of the building, you can expect a smooth finish on the walls. There are no bubbles on the walls that would form, so the wall would appear smoother. Painting the gypsum-covered walls is simple, which improves the appearance of the green building in Hyderabad as well.
- Saves water : A lot of plaster types require a high amount of curing process to complete. This involves adding extra water and overall takes a long time as well. Gypsum plastering requires no curing, making it a suitable option for water-efficiency efforts.
Gypsum plastering is one of the best options for an eco-friendly building, which has strong composition and smooth finish. Carefully applying the plastering is important to ensure a high-quality look to the home interior and exterior.
For the best results, you need to acquire the service and product from the best service providers, like Kanish Plasters. Reach out to the experts, and get the best gypsum plastering service soon!